The Importance Of SEO In Your Drone Business
How important is Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for your drone business? Depending on your market and your services, it could be one of the most important marketing tools available. In the old days, Yellow Pages were probably the best place for businesses to be found when people needed them. The old thick books have now been replaced with computers, tablets, and phones. Technology has changed the delivery system, but not the effectiveness.
Search engines (the new Yellow Pages), provide a unique advantage because the people using search engines to find drone services are already looking for you (a drone pilot or business), and they are ready to buy. In a nutshell, that’s why SEO is so important. Most advertising puts you in front of a large group of people. The hope is that someone who needs drone services will see the ad and call, or at least remember you in case they ever do need your services. The conversion rates can be very small because the majority of the people don’t need the drone services you’re offering. But when someone needs drone services, and searches for people who provide them, conversion rates go up dramatically.
So how do you get great SEO, or great placement in searches? There are many ways to get seen in searches, but there is an art to it. If you’re business is dependent on it, you may want to consult with a company that provides SEO services. These are the real professionals that can give you solid advice and guidance and may just get you that top spot on the front page of Google. But be aware that companies like this don’t work cheap. In fact, they can be very expensive depending on what you want. Do your homework if you go this route, and ask what kind of ROI (return on investment) they anticipate for you. The goal is for you to make money, not just them.
If you’re not ready to swim with the sharks just yet, here are a few things to try that might be helpful in getting you seen the next time someone searches for a drone company in your neck of the woods.
- Google My Business – A great way to show up as a business in searches.
- Google Ad Words or Something Similar – Although this is a paid solution, it still might help you get to the top of the search results quickly. Ad words may not be as effective as an organic placement at the top, but it’s available as an option.
- Social Media Accounts – Many social media accounts rank well for SEO so your Facebook or LinkedIn page may rise to the top in certain searches.
- Blogging – Every blog post is one more opportunity for a search engine to find another page on your website. Keep in mind that the content of the blog post should be something people would be searching for. Read “Blogging For Drone Business” for more info.
- Use Other Methods – See if you can get the newspaper to write an article about you, or submit an article to other publications. Many times, you can piggyback on other sites that have good SEO results to get seen.
SEO is not as simple as it seems, and certainly can’t be covered comprehensively in a single blog post. But it is important to look at as something that might benefit your drone business in a big way.